Located approximately 25 kilometres from Grahamstown, and slightly north of the world-renowned Shamwari Game Reserve, Alicedale welcomes residents and visitors with an amiable small town atmosphere.
This quaint country village, now a railway junction between Port Elizabeth and Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape, offers affordable properties for those looking for family or business investments in the area.
- View rock art by Alicedale’s first inhabitants, the Khoisan people in the Bushman Sands Reserve.
- Bushmans Sands Conference Centre: Built at the beginning of the 20th century, this beautifully restored railway station is now a national monument and plays host to business functions, weddings and sport conferences.
- Gary Player 18-Hole Golf Course: Sink a few holes on this course which runs along the banks of the New Year’s Dam and Bushmans River.
- Alicedale is close to the Pumba and Shamwari Private Game Reserves so it’s not surprising that this area sees a steady influx of visitors from South Africa and the rest of the world given the prolific wildlife.
- Try a relaxed evening cruise on the New Year’s Dam where you can sip on a cool drink and admire the beautiful African sunset.